The Beedie Luminaries Scholarship is for students with potential who are facing financial adversity. Students who are smart, but constrained by circumstance. Students who are resilient and gritty. Students who are ready to make a positive change in their lives.
Beedie Luminaries is a social-profit enterprise designed to help remove barriers to education and provide wrap-around support for promising students who are facing financial adversity. Students who are smart, but constrained by circumstance. Students who are ready to rise above their circumstances and achieve their dreams.
- 50 scholarships in 2019 (pilot year)
- $40,000 per student / 4-year undergraduate degree
- $15,000 per student / 2-year college or trade-school diploma
- “Stay on Track” student support
- Annual student team-building retreat
- Access to mentors
- Summer paid internship opportunities
To be eligible for a Beedie Luminaries Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident for at least three years
- Reside in the Lower Mainland (only 2018/19 applications). Beedie Luminaries plans to scale the program in the future to include students from across BC, applying to all public BC post-secondary institutions
- Be in Grade 12 (2018/19 application only, future application opportunities may change)
- Have applied (or plan to apply) to a BC post-secondary institution or trade school for a full-time program commencing no later than September 2019 (only the selected eight institutions will be eligible in 2018/19)
- Have a minimum overall grade average of 75% in their most recently completed school year
- Have faced financial adversity
- Use funding for a post-secondary institution, trade school or college
- Be endorsed by their school principal, a teacher or counsellor (required) and a community organization (optional). The letters of endorsement must be included with the application.
We’re looking for promising candidates and exceptional partners to join our movement.