The annual scholarship winner will be awarded $1,000 towards their tuition to an accredited Canadian post-secondary institution.
The scholarship will be awarded to a Canadian high school student with a documented disability who is pursuing post-secondary education in the field of study in health care, criminal justice or community & social services at an accredited Canadian institution for the upcoming academic year 2019/2020.
Who Is Eligible to Apply?
- Applicant must be currently registered to a full-time program of study in the field of study in health care, criminal justice or community & social services at an accredited Canadian post-secondary college or university
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizens or permanent resident of Canada
- Applicant must have a documented disability
- Applicant must be under 20 years of age at time of application
How Do I Apply for the “DCCI Scholarship for Canadian Students with Disabilities”?
Submit an original essay of 500-700 words with the following topic: “How your disability shaped your decision to study the program you chose”
The following documents must be provided for consideration:
- Proof of graduating high school in 2019
- Proof of Fall 2019 acceptance to an accredited post-secondary institution (proof or registration to health care, criminal justice or community & social services studies will be required before scholarship is awarded)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency
- Documented proof of disability
- Applicants must only use the form below to submit their application. DO NOT submit your application in any other way as it will not be considered
- You must combine your essay & eligibility documents into a single PDF document (no larger than 16MB) and upload it when submitting the application
All applicants must submit essay & required documents no later than 6PM EST, July 31, 2019.
- Only essays with qualified documents will be considered
- Essays will be reviewed by Disability Credit Canada staff members and will be evaluated based on the originality, quality & merit
- Winner will be notified by August 31, 2019 and scholarship will be awarded upon receipt of proof of registration to a qualified program.